If you are upgrading from a previous version of ChestShop please make sure to always read the warnings in the update note!
ChestShop is a simple, yet very powerful system for making physical shops using signs and chests that was originally created by Acrobot and is now being continued.
It's never been that easy to create shops! With features like shop protection and anti-lag protection, you won't have to worry about your server's economy anymore!
"Just works"! ChestShop supports almost all economy plugins by using Vault! (Versions above 3.9.2 also support economy plugins using the Reserve API) Some known compatible and incompatible economy plugins.
Please check if there are newer development builds before reporting issues!
The plugin by default submits anonymous stats about your server (player count, plugin/server version and type) to a public statistics websites (bstats.org) in order to provide the developers with usage information. If you wish to opt out, you can do so in the PluginMetrics/config.yml and bstats/config.yml files. It also features an auto-update feature, which can be turned off in the config.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- User-made tutorials
- Download the latest development version
- Download 1.12.2 version
- Download 1.8.8 version
- Download older versions
- API for plugin developers
- Source code on GitHub (LGPL-2.1)
- Localization via Crowdin
- Language file syntax
- Report bugs or request enhancements
- IRC chat: #chestshop on irc.spi.gt
- Discord channel Joining through that invite auto subscribes you to important update notifications, if you don't want that use this invite.
- bStats metrics
Additional modules for ChestShop:
- ChestShop LegacyIds - allows usage of numeric and old pre 1.13 string IDs on signs
- Notification module - to use with Notifications plugin
- Towny module - to use with Towny plugin
- ChestShop Notifier - records all sales, even when the player is offline (Maintained by Phoenix616)
- ChestShopTools - Enchantment info signs and empty shop notifier (Maintained by Phoenix616)
- ChestIcon - Icons for Chests, just like the Showcase plugin! (User-made, broken on newer versions)
- Libelula Auto Shop - easy creation of admin shops, using Essentials (User-made)
- ChestShopLimiter+ - limits the number of shops per player (User-made, abandoned)
- ChestShopListing - Stores shops and transactions in SQL; adds related features including in-game search (User-made)
- ChestShopConfirmation - confirmation screen before buying (User-made, abandoned)
- SearchChestShop - search for shops selling certain items (User-made)
It's easy! Just right-click the sign to buy, left-click to sell. (You can configure the buttons in the config file!)
- Place a chest on the ground
- Place a sign 1 block away from the chest (for example, above it)
- On the sign, write:
- Leave the first line empty. It will be automatically filled with your name by the plugin (if you have the permission ChestShop.admin then you can create shops with the names of other players)
- Second line is the amount of items to buy or sell
- Third line is a combination of buy and sell prices. You need to have a price indicator (like 'B' - price that will apply to items BOUGHT by PLAYERS - or 'S' - the SELL price) near the price - the prices are separated by a colon : Some of the possible price combinations: "B 5:5 S", "B 5", "S free"
- The forth line will hold the id/name of the item. Write ? on the sign and the item will be autofilled with the one from the chest or you can click on the sign with the item afterwards. Optionally you can put the actual name of the item on the forth line. You can find out the name of the item that you're holding by running /iteminfo
A person can buy 64 diamonds for 10 dollars and sell them back for 5 dollars from Phoenix616
If you want you can also take a look at this video tutorial.
Firstly, you've got to be sure that you've the ChestShop.admin permission or that you are an OP. To make an Admin Shop, simply put "Admin Shop" (configurable in config.yml) on the first line of the sign when creating the shop. Admin Shops do not require a chest! (If there is a chest then they will use the items within and not be unlimited. You can change that with the
FORCE_UNLIMITED_ADMIN_SHOP config option)
/iteminfo- Get information about the item in your hand
/iteminfo <id/name>- Get information about the item with the given id or name
/shopinfo- Get information about the looked-at shop
/csgive <itemcode> [<amount>] [<player>]- Give item with a unique ChestShop code to a player
/cstoggle- Toggle buy and sell notificiation messages
/chestshop version- Display the ChestShop version
/chestshop reload- Reload the ChestShop config and translation messages. (This might not reload some features)
/csaccess- Toggles ability to buy/sell on shops while having admin/access permissions and normally being ignored
ChestShop.shop.*- shop creation and buying/selling - it contains:
ChestShop.shop.create.*- create all types of shops
ChestShop.shop.create.<itemid>- create shops with a specific item type
ChestShop.shop.create.buy.<itemid>- create buy shops for a type
ChestShop.shop.create.sell.<itemid>- create sell shops for a type
ChestShop.shop.buy- buy any item from shops
ChestShop.shop.buy.<itemid>* - buy only specific items from shops
ChestShop.shop.sell- sell any item to shops
ChestShop.shop.sell.<itemid>- sell only specific item to shops
ChestShop.mod- open any shop chest
ChestShop.admin- open any shop chest, destroy stores, create (admin) shops
Besides defining which shops a player can create via permission you can also configure almost any aspect about the plugin in the automatically generated yml files. The more general settings are in the config.yml (with explaining comments), setting minimum/maximum prices is done via the priceLimits.yml and setting up admin shop discounts is done via the discounts.yml. Messages can be set in the config files in the languages folder for each client language. They use the MineDown syntax for full component support.
ChestShop directly hooks into the following plugins to provide additional functionality:
- AuthMe (and forks like AuthMe Reloaded)
- LWC (and forks like LWCX and Modern-LWC)
And of course all Economy plugins that are Vault or Reserve compatible.
This resource sends metrics data to McStats and bStats. You can opt-out of metrics for all plugins on your server by changing the settings in the PluginMetrics/config.yml and the bStats/config.yml file if you don't want any data to be send.
Even more information can be found in the old plugin thread on the forums.
Simply submit a ticket here!
If you have a Github account and have coding knowledge you can also directly open an issue on Github.
If you want to thank the team in a more materialistic way, feel free to donate or buy Phoenix616 a beer! :)
A shout-out to Acrobot's friend: We believe that the music he makes is really stunning - you can decide it for yourself! His SoundCloud account